Ascher Databook Notes:
- Construction note:
- A W colored cord of 11.0 cm. was formed into a circle.
- This was attached to the main cord by passing it around then through itself.
- A long W colored cord was then attached to it. The resultant loop was 5.0 cm. with a 43.0 cm. tail. Spaced along the tail are single knots and small (c) flags. The flags are short cords, 1.0 cm. to 2.5 cm. in length, each with a finished end, attached in the same manner as + subsidiaries, colored either B or W. Starting from where the tail is attached to the loop, it is arranged as follows: 4.0 cm., 1s, 4.0 cm., 1s, 3.0 cm., 1s, 2.0 cm., B flag (1.5 cm.), 1.5 cm., 1s, 1.5 cm., W flag (1.5 cm.), 1.5 cm., B flag (1.0 cm.), 1.0 cm., 1s, 4.0 cm., 1s, 2.0 cm., B flag (1.5 cm.), 2.5 cm., 1s, 2.0 cm., B flag (2.0 cm.), 2.0 cm., B flag (1.0 cm.), 1.5 cm., W flag (2.5 cm.), 2.5 cm., 1s, 4.0 cm., 1s, 1.5 cm., W flag (2.0 cm.), 1.0 cm., W flag (2.0 cm.), 1.5 cm.
- The flags can be placed in 1-1 correspondence with the pendants carrying knots. Pendants 1 to 9 are colored B, W, B, B, B, B, W, W, W. The flags are in the same color order.
- Just as there are 9 pendants with knots and 9 flags, there are 9s knots on the tail. The s knots and flags can be placed in 1-1 correspondance. The s knots and flags are grouped by being interspersed with each other. The 5 knot groups are of sizes 3, 1, 2, 1, 2. The 5 flag groups are of size 1, 2, 1, 3, 2. Hence, flag group 5-i corresponds to knot group i(mod 5) for i=1, 2, 3, 4,
- See AS025 for similar use of flags and knots.
Primary Cord Notes:
There is a loop attachment at 6.0 cm.