Ascher Databook Notes:
- On cords P8s2, P34s2, and P47sl, the color change is at 2. 5 cm. On P46sl it is at 6.0 cm.
- AS048 and AS049 were excavated by University of Tokyo 1958 expedition, La Centinela, Tambo de Mora. The work is described in Andes, The University of Tokyo Expedition 1958, Report 1, pp. 225-226. The Museum has several associated fragments of pottery.
- The khipu has 12 groups by spacing. The last 11 groups each have 4 pendants and the same color pattern (B, W, W, W). For all 11 groups:
- positions 1 and 4 have no subsidiaries.
- position 2 has the maximum value. With the exception of the last group, P2 > P1 + P3 + P4.
- the values on pendants and subsidiaries are each 17 or less. Only 0, 1 appears in position l; 0-4 in position 3; 0-2, 4, 7 in position 4; and 1, 2,3, 7 on subsidiaries.
- The values on pendants in group 1 are between 6 and 11, and all 6 subsidiaries have value 1.