Ascher Databook Notes:
- Construction note: Marker Ml is a cord of 1. 5 cm. tied to the main cord. It is color KB and is wrapped with cord colored SY.
- Construction note: Pendant cords of one color have been threaded with cord of another color. See AS069, observation #6, for a complete description of the color designations.
- Subsidiary cords 16s2s2, 3lsl, and 32s3 each end in small loop.
- The knot on P24sl is threaded with W.
- AS069, AS70, and AS071 were excavated by their owner, Percy Dauelsberg, in 1965. For a discussion of the collection, see AS069.
- A marker on the main cord separates the khipu into 2 parts.
- By color, part 1 is separated into 6 groups. Each group has the same basic color pattern: W, W*BS*, BS:DB/W, W*GR or W*HB, GR/W or HB/W, W*DB*, W*VB*, W*0G*, W*KB* or W*DB:KB*, W*SR*, W*SY*, W, W, W, BS, BS, BS, BS*GR or BS*HB, W. Where a group contains less than 19 pendants, it is one or more of positions 12-17 that is non-existent: group 1 has only 1 W and 1 BS rather than 3 consecutive pendants of each and group 5 has only 2 of the 3 W colored pendants. (The other exceptions to the pattern are: the twelfth pendant in the second group is W*KB rather than W, and the third and sixth pendants in group 3 are BS/W and W*BS* rather than BS:DB /W and W*DB* respectively.)
- With the exception of 2 pendants with value 1, in all 6 groups, positions 2-14 are zero-valued (or blank). The only values on the pendants are 0-4, 8, 11 and the values on the subsidiaries are 0-4.
Parts 1 and 2
- By color, part 2 is separated into 6 groups and each group contains 3 sets of pendants. The sets are each 7 pendants of the same color: 7W, 7BS, 7DB. Within each set, the pendants are threaded in the following order: none, DB, VB, 0G, KB or DB:KB, SR, SY. (Note that DB threaded with DB remains DB so that the DB sets appear to have 2 non-threaded pendants at their start.) Where there are more than 21 pendants in a group, 1 or more non-threaded cords are included before or after a set. For example, in the second group, the 26 pendants are the 7 pendants of the W set, 1 non-threaded BS then the BS set, and then the DB set, followed by 4 non-threaded DB. (The exceptions to the pattern are group 1 which has 1 DB cord instead of the DB set; the 23rd pendant in the 3rd group is DB*W* rather than DB; and in the 4th and 5th groups, one or both of the unthreaded DB are at the end of the DB set rather than at its beginning.)
- With the exception of 1 pendant of value 1, all the pendants are zerovalued (or blank). The subsidiary values are only 0-2.
- Each part has 6 groups.
- Within the basic color pattern of part 1, in each group, pendants in positions 5-11 are 7 W pendants with the same color threading order as in the sets in part 2.
- Comparing the pendant values of the 6 W threaded sets in part 2 with those in positions 5-11 of 6 groups of part 1, with one exception in each part, all are zero-valued. In each part, the exception is 1 pendant of value 1 in the 5th group.