Ascher Databook Notes:
- No numerical interpretation is possible as the knot clusters do not conform to the base ten positional system. Nineteen different knot cluster orders are found on the pendants. These include long knots or figure eight knots followed by single knots, and long knots or single knots followed by long knots. Also,
there are 13 knots which contain 10, 11, 12, or 13 knots.
- Construction note: Several long knots of 2 or 3 are constructed in a reverse manner. (See diagram, AS095 construction note.)
- AS087, AS089, AS090/N2, AS092, AS093, AS094 are associated in that the Museum designates them all as donated by Gaffron. Peru is given as the provenance.
- AS087 i s also discussed by Nordenskiold (see Introduction, Table 3).
- Comparison of AS087, AS089, AS090/N2, AS092, AS093, AS094:
- AS089 and AS092 are similar in colors. Each is basically 8 groups with a uniform number of pendants and a uniform color pattern.
- AS093 and AS094 are tied together but otherwise show little similarity.
- AS087 differs markedly from the other 5 khipus. All its colors are different and it is the only one where different type knots appear in all different positions on the pendants. It is, however, similar to AS095, also donated by Gaffron.