Ascher Databook Notes:
- Construction note: The twisted end of cord 1 is linked through the twisted end of the main cord so that it dangles from the end of the main cord. (See diagram for AS100.)
- Construction note: Markers Ml and M2 are similar in appearance. Short lengths of cord colored G are bent over the main cord and wrapped together.
- This is one of several khipus acquired by the Museum in 1899 with provenance Marquez. This group includes AS106, AS107, AS124, AS132, and AS133. For a comparison of them, see AS106.
- By spacing and markers, the khipus is separated into 3 parts. Part 1 is 2 single pendants followed by a group of 10 pendants; part 2 is 4 groups of 9, 10, 5, and 4 pendants respectively; and part 3 is a group of 5 pendants.
- Groups 1, 2, 3 each have 3 consecutive pendants within them of the same color order: G, W, D0. Groups 4 and 6 each have 5 pendants; in both, the first pendant is DB and the fourth and fifth are YB.