Ascher Databook Notes:
- This is an unraveled E type knot or a twist in the cord.
- This is one of several khipus acquired by the Museum in 1907 with provenance Pachacamac. For a list of these khipus, see AS097.
- AS187, AS188, and AS189 were acquired together as part of the contents of a wicker basket. For a description of this collection, see AS187.
- By spacing, the khipu is separated into 4 groups. The first group is separated from the next 3 groups by a large space which included a single pendant cord. Groups 1-3 each have 6 pendants.
- Group 4 has all pendants W; groups 2 and 3 have all pendants LB; and group 1 has some of each color. There are no subsidiaries in group 1; all subsidiaries in group 2 are LB: W; and all subsidiaries in groups 3 and 4 are LB-W.