Ascher Databook Notes:
- Construction Notes:
- Ps1 is broken at 5.0 cm and a 14.0 cm cord fragment has been affixed below it. The fragment may not be from this position.
- P2s1 is broken at 4.0 cm and a 13.0 cm fragment has been affixed below it and another 9.0 cm fragment be low that. The two lower fragments appear to be long together but may not be from this position.
- P3s1 is broken at 4.0 cm and a 21.0 cm fragment has been affixed below it. The fragment appears to be in its original position.
- Although we record the colors as LB and BB, these may be the same color faded differentially.
- The main cord is broken at one end. This maybe a piece of a larger khipu. The piece contains a group of 18 pendants divided by color into two subgroups of 9 pendants each. Although only traces of them are left on pendants six through eleven, each pendant appears to have had one subsidiary attached to it.
- The pendant values range from 0 to 16 including the values 0, 6, and each value from 8 to 1 6. The subsidiary values present range from 2 to 11 including the values 2 and each
value from 4 to 11. Together the thirty values on the khipu are 0, 2, and 4,...,16 with some, such as 10, appearing as many as six times.
- Calling the pendants Pij where i=(1,2) are the subgroups and j=(1,...,9) the positions in the subgroup
- P1j is even for j=(1,...,9)
- P1j ≥ P2j for j=(1,3,5,7,9)
Pij < P2j for j=(2,4,6,8)