Ascher Databook Notes:
- Construction note: R/W does not represent R joined to W. The color R alternately appears and disappears on the single cord.
- A photograph of AS033 is in Ascher (1975).
- Khipu AS033A-AS033G form a collection of 7 khipus that were connected together. The main cords of AS033A, AS033E, and AS033G were tied together to form a circle.
Suspended from them were their own pendant cords and the khipus numbered AS033B, AS033C, AS033D, and AS033F. The connections were complex.
- The colors used in the collection show some similarity. GG appears only on AS033B, LC appears only on AS033C, and BB appears only on AS033E.
However, AB, AB/W, or AB:W appear on AS033A and B, E, F, G; R or R/W appears on AS033A and B, D, G; and CB appears on AS033A and G.
- The khipus in the collection share the following features: groups separated by space, uniform in size, united by color pattern, and with low values.
- AS033B-6 groups of 3, color consistent with position, values 2-10.
- AS033C--7 groups of 2, color consistent with position, values 0-3.
- AS033D--10 groups of 2, color related to position, values 0-6; higher values on sum cords (16, 30, 24, 36, 60).
- AS033E-2 groups of 2, values 0-4; some higher values (32, 47).
- AS033F--2 groups of 10, color consistent with position, values 3-14; sum cord (47).
- AS033G--2 groups, colors same within each group, values 0-13; and two other cords with higher values (10, 22, 35, 37).
- The higher values on AS033E and G could be related to sums of values on other khipus as follows. The values:
- 47 : Sum of W cords on AS033F and sum value on AS033F;
- 32, 47 : Sum of values in first position in groups on AS033B, sum of values in third position in groups on AS033B;
- 22 : Sum of all values on AS033C.