Ascher Databook Notes:
- This is one of several khipus acquired by the Museum in 1907 with provenance Ica. For a list of them, see AS100.
- By color, the khipu is separated into 7 groups of 10 pendants each.
- In groups 6 and 7, there is one subsidiary on each pendant. Within each group, all the subsidiaries are the same color. In both groups, the last 5 subsidiaries are zero-valued (or blank).
- The sum of the values in group 3 is related to the sums of the other groups:
- The sum of the first 5 pendant values ≈ sum of the values on all pendants in group 6. (There is a discrepancy of 1.)
- The sum of the last 5 pendant values ≈ sum of the values on all pendants and subsidiaries in groups 2, 4, 5, and 7. (There is a discrepancy of 8.)