Ascher Databook Notes:
- Construction note: The positioning of the knot clusters is not standard. Rather than having all long knot clusters aligned and all single knot clusters aligned, the first knot cluster used is in the highest position. Values have been assigned assuming that the knot cluster positions are "top justified" rather than the usual which is "bottom justified." For example, we usually write numbers "right justified" but can write them "left justified" also. Thus:
- Construction note: The markers are threads wrapped around the main cord. The wrapping extends for about 0.5 cm. along the main cord.
- This is one of several khipus acquired by the Museum in 1907 with provenance Ica. For a list of them, see AS100.
- The positioning of knot clusters discussed in #1 above, is also found on AS164. (AS164 has the same Museum acquisition designation.)
- This khipu is also discussed by Nordenskiöld (see Introduction).
- By markers, the khipu is separated into 3 parts. The first part is 72 pendants alternating 6 YB, 6 B, 6 YB, 6 B, etc. Thus, by color, part 1 is 12 groups of 6 pendants each, Although not as consistent in color patterning, part 2 is 2 groups of 6 pendants each (6 YB, 6 mixed), and part 3 is 4 groups of 6 pendants each (6 YB, 6 DB, 6 YB, 6 mixed).
- Subsidiaries appear only on the first position in a group. When attached to YB pendants they are CB: W, and when attached to other colors they are BB.
- The values on the khipu are restricted to 0-17, and 64.
- The sum of the values on all pendants in part 1 is 500.