Ascher Databook Notes:
- AS147-AS149 are associated in that they were all designated by the same Museum number. They were acquired by the Museum in 1907 with provenance Ocucaje. For a comparison of them, see #4 below.
- By spacing, AS147 is separated into 3 parts. Part 1 consists of 1 pair of pendants, and parts 2 and 3 consist of 4 pairs of pendants each. With the exception of the first pendant in the first pair, each pair in part 2 has the same color pattern: B: LG, B: GG. All pendants in part 3 are the same color, B.
- The values of the pendants in part 1 are related to the sums of the values in parts 2 and 3. They can be interp reted as inexact sums. The sum of the values of the first pendants in the 8 pairs in parts 2 and 3 is 270; the value on the first pendant in the pair in part 1 is 272. Similarly, the sum of the second pendant values is 381 and tha value of the second pendant in the pair in part 1 is 385.
- Comparison of AS147-AS149:
- The 3 khipus are similar in grouping. In all of them, the first part sums the following parts. AS147 and AS148 are both separated into 3 parts with the second and third parts each containing 4 pairs of pendants. In AS147, the pair in part 1 sums the 8 pairs in parts 2 and 3 position by position. In AS148, there are 2 pairs in part 1 so the sums are separate for each part and each position in a pair. AS149 is also in 3 parts but it differs in the number of groups per part and the number of pendants per group. Again, the values in part 1 are sums, bt only of values in part 2, which in turn contains sums of values in part 3.
- The khipus use the same basic colors. The colors used, alone or in combination, are B, LB, LC, GG, and G0. Three of the 5 are used on AS148, and AS147 and AS149 each use 4 of them.
- The values on the khipus differ in order of magnitude: on AS147, the values in parts 2 and 3 are 23-65 and the sums in part 1 are 272-385; on AS148, the values in parts 2 and 3 are 125-638 and the sums in part 1 are 941-2061; and on AS149, the values in parts 2 and 3 are 0-3410 and the sums in part 1 are 660-21243.