Ascher Databook Notes:
- Construction note: The main cord is finished by being bent back on itself and wound with B colored cord.
- This is one of several khipus acquired by the Museum in 1907 with provenance Ica. For a list of them, see AS100.
- By spacing, the khipu is separated into 3 groups. The groups are united by having all pendants the same color: group 1 pendants are B; group 2 is W; and, with 1 exception, group 3 is W.
- The values within each group are similar in order of magnitude and differ from the other groups' values: group 3 has values 1-30; group 2 values are 96-670; and the non-zero values in group 1 are 1200-3765.
- Some values in groups 1 and 2 are sums of values in group 2. Specifically:
P2,2 = P2,4 + P2,12 = P2,7 + P2,9 + P2,10 + P2,11
P2,10 = P2,9 + P2,11
P1,1 = P2,2 + P2,7 + P2,9 + P2,10 + P2,12
P1,5 = P2,2 + P2,3 + P2,7 = P2,3 + P2,4 + P2,7 + P2,12
Primary Cord Notes:
The main cord is finished by being bent back on itself and wound with B colored cord for 2.0 cm (see drawing Ascher and Ascher 1987:1100).