Ascher Databook Notes:
- This is one of several khipus acquired by the Museum in 1904 with provenance between Ica and Pisco. For a discussion of them, see AS098.
- By spacing, there are 8 groups with different numbers of pendants. There are much larger spaces on the main cord between groups 6-7 and 7-8 than there are between others. The only consistent colors are in the 3 groups with 7 pendants each (groups 1, 6, and 8). Group 8 is unified: all pendants are B. Groups 1 and 6 both have the pattern X, 4B:W, 2X where X=W in group 1 and X=B in group 6.
- Several of the pendants have multiple unit knots so that there are 2 distinct values in some positions. (See, for example, P14.)
- The value on the first pendant in group 6 is the sum of the other pendants in the group. Similarly, the value on its subsidiary is the sum of the values of the other subsidiaries in the group.
- The sum of the 2 pendant values in group 5 is 100 & 3. The sum of all pendant values in groups 6 and 8 is also 100 & 3.